Wednesday, May 04, 2011

Seeing The Big Picture

Adventures in library marketing, volume two: I get a follow-up mailing from the library resource I described in the earlier posting. The cover of the package has a photo of a man taking a sample from some body of water - a river, a lake, I can't tell. And orange dots are superimposed on the picture, sort of coming from the water sampling tool the man is holding. Inside the package are nine jigsaw puzzle pieces. When I assemble them, I get the left half of the same picture. The catch phrase here is "See the big picture without missing the smallest detail". Except that the address is on the package is missing the university's postal code. Which is why I'm receiving in May an announcement about something starting in April. Which leads to wonder if the marketing department reads their own copy. And why they have jobs at all.