Friday, February 24, 2012

Dream A Little Dream

One of our email addresses for our ILL system has somehow gotten onto the spam list for the Monfort Plan (google them if you must) who keep inviting our ILL system to join them if it's one of the "dreamers who love and lovers who dream" etc. Maybe we're going to "transition to a world of Eutopia and Cornucopia", but the ILL system isn't going to be in the vanguard. You see, the ILL system only reads messages in plain text, and the good folks at the Monfort Plan send their missives in HTML. So most of what comes through is instructions about font types and colors before most of the message is cut off, including the blessed unsubscribe button.

Update: No sooner do I post this then they give me information on how to unsubscribe. The problem is that I have to send them email, which I can't do from the ILL system. I don't trust them not to add my email address to their list of dreamers if I send the unsubscribe email from my account.