Friday, July 13, 2012

Consider Me An Enemy Now

I Get Email At Work:


Dear OPERA America Members and Friends,

Reserve your advertising space in the Fall 2012 issue of Opera America Magazine!

This Fall issue focuses on learning and will be handed out to attendees of the National Opera Center opening week festivities, taking place September 24-30, 2012.  That means decision makers, industry wide, will receive this issue!!!

The deadline to reserve space is July 27th.

What have I done to deserve this? As I said when I complained about these people the last time, I set up electronic access to the magazine for the library. Now I'm an email address that might buy advertising. Yeah, right. What I find amusing is that they're spamming subscribers to buy ads to reach fellow subscribers. And, right, decision makers, industry wide. If I was a decision maker - well, let's not go there.