Friday, July 06, 2012

Optimize This

I get email in my day job:


I am [redacted], Business Development Manager, We are [redacted] based IT Company with our offices in [redacted]. 

As we know that in this competitive era, only doing a business will not help you to attain your objectives and earn maximum profits. A website has become the necessity of your business. It is the mirror that reflects your business, products and services on the World Wide Web.

But Internet is a hub of infinite companies promoting their business online. Therefore, you need to optimize your website so it becomes visible in the crowd and attracts more and more visitors to visit your website and make purchases from there. All these objectives can be attained with the help of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This is the major internet marketing technique that helps you to promote your business online.

Okay, English isn't their first language. But how much is it to hire a proofreader? And I'm just some email address on a list of email addresses they've bought, so they don't know that the web site I'm responsible for doesn't sell anything. A little search engine optimization wouldn't hurt us, but I have no budget for it. Anyway, I discarded the original email, but they've now followed up. Twice. They have some fine print about respecting the CAN-SPAM, but they don't have a working unsubscribe feature. It makes me worry that this "hub of infinite companies" are all going to be beating a path to my door, looking for work I can't give them.